#spotlight has launched – join the discussion
We recently launched our Spotlight on the Employee Engagement Profession 2015 survey.
Today we release the results, and we would love you to join us as we discuss our findings, and find out how they could help your organisation. Follow us on Twitter, @peoplelab_ and #spotlighton to join in the discussion.
We conducted this research to better understand the gap between an increased focus on employee engagement and the subsequent slow rate of improvement of employee engagement:
- HR Review reported that HR elite spend 15% of their time on employee engagement a week.
- CIPD Employee Engagement Index for 2015 in the UK is at 39%, only up 1% point from 2014.
- Deloitte’s 2015 Global Human Capital Trends Report states ‘culture and engagement were rated the most important challenge of 2015.
Some of our findings include:
– Less than 50% of organisations have an employee engagement strategy
– 26% have no budget for employee engagement
– Only 25% have a company wide definition of employee engagement
Emma Bridger says: “The indications are that there is a gap between a focus on employee engagement, and subsequent implementation and measurement. It seems that companies are still unsure what needs to be done to improve employee engagement. The results so far show a lack of understanding of what we mean by employee engagement, coupled with, little investment and development in this area. Less than half have an employee engagement strategy, and, or, believe the impact of employee engagement is well measured. We still have a long way to go.”
Don’t forget to follow us on @peoplelab_ and join in the discussion on #spotlighton
For more information, contact email@example.com